Effective date: January 20, 2022
The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC strive to be a leader and role model in providing firearms and survival training in the USA. Our training policies and procedures are below:
Refunds / Deposits:
Seats are limited for all of our classes. Please ensure you are able to attend a class before registering for that class. Registered students who then cancel or don’t show up deprives someone else of the opportunity of taking that class. A deposit is required to hold your spot in a group class.
Students are expected to maintain proper classroom behavior that allows instructors and staff to perform their professional duties effectively and efficiently.
Students will respectably conduct themselves with respect and consideration for the rights of others while in a classroom, on the property, and at the shooting range and/or while attending or engaged in training activities. Students conducting themselves outside these guidelines will be warned and reminded of the guidelines, if the behavior persists student may be dismissed from the class, WITHOUT A REFUND.
Student conduct that causes a substantial disruption to the class environment interferes with the rights of others presents a threat to the health and safety of students, employees, and visitors, violates the student code of conduct, and will be respectfully asked to leave. In the event of such disruption, A REFUND WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
Here at The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC safety, especially on the shooting range is our main priority. We retain the right to ask anyone not observing the safety rules or behaving in a belligerent manner to leave the range or the classroom to maintain a safe and secure environment for instructor/s and students. This includes individuals under the influence of controlled substances, alcohol, etc. All students will sign a waiver of liability before class. Students will also be required to certify in writing that they are not a prohibited person as listed below.
We use simulation (dummy) ammunition for all classroom work for training in loading and unloading etc. Students carrying firearms will be asked to leave their firearms in their vehicles until after class or in the safe that is usually provided by the instructor. NO EXCEPTIONS – This includes instructor/s conducting the class!
— NO LIVE AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM for all firearms classes. NO EXCEPTIONS
— NO GUNS IN THE CLASSROOM policy for all Reloading classes. NO EXCEPTIONS
Anyone attending class under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult. The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC will not be responsible for minors while in class and should it become necessary for the instructor to remove a minor from class, a parent or guardian will need to be available. Minors also cannot legally sign our liability waiver, therefore a parent or guardian also needs to be available to sign the document.
Courses, Test, and Passing Grades:
All Courses are objective-based, Candidates must possess the knowledge, skills, and attitude necessary for the training they are signing up for. With attitude being paramount to completing the class. Some classes do have prerequisites and/or qualifications that you must pass to take the course. If you are not sure please contact us.
N.B.: You do not automatically pass training because you have made a payment, you make a payment to have the opportunity to pass.
Under Federal law, The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC cannot train any individuals who:
- Are Convicted felons that have not been annulled or pardoned.
- Are under indictment in any court or have been convicted for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year
- Are fugitives from justice
- Use or are addicted to any unlawful controlled substances
- Have been adjudicated as mentally defective or have been committed to any mental institution.
- Are illegal aliens
- Have been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions
- Have renounced their United States citizenship
- Are under a court order restraining them from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner
- Have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.
- Are under the influence of any substances that may hinder or impede their actions in handling a firearm safely.
The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC cannot provide any assistance in training foreign persons due to due to ITAR regulations – see Section 120.9. Given the above, we regret to inform you that NRA & The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC cannot renew NRA firearm trainer credentials for any foreign national unless they have written permission from the U.S. State Department or they currently have permanent residency status and do not work for a foreign company.
When paying for a class with The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC you will be presented with multiple payment options depending on the class. Some classes require a deposit some do not, students will have the option to pay by Credit Card or PayPal.
FOR SECURITY PURPOSES NO CREDIT CARD DATA IS STORED ON THIS SITE OR ELSEWHERE.
On The First Day of the Class.
Final payments are due on or before the day of the class. Partial payments can be made in person with cash, credit/debit, or PayPal.
NONDISCRIMINATION: TITLE IX GRIEVANCES GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE
1. Any complaint from or on behalf of any person served by The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC should be brought to the attention of the instructor. If the complaint has not been satisfactorily remedied, the grievant should submit the complaint in an email to email@example.com.
2. The immediately responsible person will investigate the complaint and report his/her findings and recommend remediation by replying to the grievant email within five (5) business days. A copy of the report shall be sent via email to the designated person who will maintain a file on all grievances.
The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC do not discriminate in its training programs, activities, or employment practices based on race, color, national origin, age, sex, or handicap under the provisions of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act of 1967, Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975.
The OA Firearms and Survival Training LLC retain the right to change/update these policies anytime as needed.